With the cold weather behind us you’re probably ready to take a break from those heavy,
hearty meals like stew and chili. It’s time to get out the patio furniture and fire up the grill for your summer favorites. This month we’re keeping it light with honey grilled seafood. Feel free to get creative by picking up some fresh fruit or vegetables and making kabobs.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- In a large bowl, mix together garlic powder, black pepper, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce, wine, and salad dressing; add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, melted butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce. Set aside for basting.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Baste occasionally with the honey-butter sauce while grilling.
This recipe is sourced from allrecipes.com